Nov. 24th, 2008
That Was Just Your Life
The End of the Line
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Kirk Solo #1
Wherever I May Roam
Broken, Beat & Scarred
Sad But True
Fade to Black
The Four Horsemen
Kirk Solo #2
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Fight Fire With Fire
Kirk Solo #3
Nothing Else Matters
Seek and Destroy
* This was the 13th show Metallica has played in Houston, TX. The first time they played in Houston was on February 28, 1985 at Cardi’s on the Ride the Lightning tour.
* The last time Metallica performed in Houston was on November 16, 2004, 2004 at the Toyota Center on the Madly in Anger With the World tour. I was there.
* Metallica has played Houston on the following tours: Ride the Lightning, Damage, Inc., Van Halen’s Monsters of Rock, Damaged Justice, Wherever We May Roam, Guns ‘N Metallica, Summer Shit*, Poor Touring Me*, Poor Re-Touring Me*, Summer Sanitarium 2003*, and Madly in Anger With the World*.
* This was the first time that Fade to Black was performed on the World Magnetic tour.
* This was the first time in 11 years that Motorbreath was performed in Houston. It was last performed here on April 28, 1997 at The Summit. I was there.
This show marks my tenth Metallica show.
Nov. 21st, 2008
I just got in from my tenth MetallicA concert.
Hell yeah, Hell Yeah!!!
Huzzahs all around.
Nov. 4th, 2008
Oct. 20th, 2008
Your result for What Your Taste in Art Says About You Test...
Simple, Progressive, and Sensual
Ukiyo-e (浮世絵, Ukiyo-e), "pictures of the floating world", is a genre of Japaneseand paintings produced between the 17th and the 20th centuries. it mostly featured landscapes, historic tales, theatre, and pleasure. Ukiyo is a rather impetuous urban culture that has bloomed in popularity. Although the Japanese were more strict and had many prohibitions it did not affect the rising merchant class and therefore became a floating art form that did not bind itself to the normal ideals of society.
People that chose Ukiyo-e art tend to be more simplistic yet elegant. They don't care much about new style but are comfortable in creating their own. They like the idea of living for the moment and enjoy giving and receiving pleasure. They may be more agreeable than other people and do not like to argue. They do not mind following traditions but are not afraid to move forward to experience other ideas in life. They tend to enjoy nature and the outdoors. They do not mind being more adventurous in their sexual experiences. They enjoy being popular and like being noticed. They have their own unique style of dress and of presenting themselves. They may also tend to be more business oriented or at the very least interested in money making adventures. They might make good entrepreneurs. They are progressive and adaptable.
Aug. 21st, 2008
12:36 pm - Leslie
So, I have a (half)sister.
If I will not turn to the Dark Side... then perhaps she will.
Aug. 14th, 2008
Jul. 18th, 2008
03:23 am - The Dark Knight...
...is one of the best films I have ever seen. I do not think any review could do this film justice. It is exceptional. The weakest part of the whole movie were the previews. This film truly makes Heath Leger's untimely passing truly a tragedy. Without question, The Dark Knight is the best Batman film ever.
May. 12th, 2008
May. 9th, 2008
08:04 am - Because I want to know.
What are your top 5 records from your formative years in high school and junior high that were the most important / influential to you?
1. Metallica - Metallica (The Black Album)
2. Nirvana - Unplugged in New York City
3. White Zombie - La Sexorcisto Devil Music Volume 1
4. Heather Nova - Oyster
5. Chris Isaak - Forever Blue